The Great Dog Survey is brought to you by Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd and is intended as Australia’s largest ever study of how dogs fit into the lives of Australians.
What constitutes the claim of ‘largest ever survey’?
We believe that the largest Australian survey conducted of this nature was the 2016 Petplan Census, with approximately 10,000 entrants (although these consisted of all pet owners – not exclusively dogs).
What information will be collected?
- Contact information, but only if you consent at the end of the survey. By default, you can enter your survey responses without supplying your name, email address or any contactable information.
- Device and browser data used to access this survey. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
- Information from page tags. We use first party and third party cookies and tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- Log data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
What will the data be used for?
The survey does ask some information such as post code and age group for the purposes of data grouping and comparison. For instance, postcodes help to compare how inner city dogs may differ to rural dogs and age groups how attitudes towards dogs and place in their lives may differ by generations.
We have avoided asking for sensitive information such as name, and email address is optional at the end. Survey data may also be used for:
- Present the most interesting group findings to media and further the case for dogs to be integrated into our society and law
- Present the most interesting group findings to social media for a laugh
- Present the most interesting group findings to entrants who wish to be notified of survey results
- Administer sweepstakes with personalised email if you choose to opt into find out more about Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd upon the conclusion of the survey (optional and deactivated by default, with no email required to submit responses).
- Deliver targeted advertising options to you.
- Market research for Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd, helping to educate on attitudes to dogs, ownership, products and lifestyle
Will your data be shared with any other organisation?
No other individual survey data will be shared or sold to anyone outside of Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd. Any information released will be anonymous and grouped, with a minimum of 1,000 question responses for us to reveal any survey findings.
Accessing your responses
If you would like a copy of all data collected from your survey entry, or for it to be deleted, please let us know at [email protected] If you did not enter your email address to be notified of , we would require the IP address used for your entry to find it.
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support.
‘Win a years supply of Scratch’ terms & conditions
Upon completing the survey, users have an option to enter their email address and opt-in for a competition to win a years supply of Scratch.
On 01/06/2020, Scratch Pet Health Pty Ltd will draw winners at random as a game of chance. Winners will be notified by email within ten business days. The prize will only be shipped to Scratch serviced areas (‘Victoria’, ‘New South Wales’, ‘South Australia’, ‘Tasmania’, ‘Australian Capital Territory’ and parts of but not the whole of ‘Queensland’).
The competition is for twenty individual winners to be supplied with a code equal to a maximum of one box of Scratch dog food per month, for twelve months (“a years supply of dog food”. The recipe is of the winners choosing and may be changed during the duration of the competition prize period, like any other customer.
Upon entering, you will be sent information about Scratch and confirmation when prizes have been drawn, although winners email addresses will not be revealed as names are not asked or stored.